Filled to the Brim with Fruit
This past weekend was one filled to the brim with the sharing of the fruit!
– Saturday was the first Fruit Vendor Street Team Secret Gig at Suzie’s Craft & Coffee Shop in Kuila. Here I presented Street Team members with their limited edition T-shirts and a custom hand-written gift card. Siphokazi Jonas – Poet was the opening act, which was followed by an intimate set of storytelling banter and songs from my side. Thank you to everyone who made it – I love and appreciate all of you!
– Sunday was the first Expression Session Kuila (ESK) of the year, where I performed two pieces of poetry (the latter was an exercise in deconstructive/absurdist post-modernism which left a pleasant aroma in everyone’s nostrils) 🙂
– This Friday is the online launch of the Fruit Vendor Mini-Doccie: 4 Days To Go!
– On Saturday, illustrator R-A Williams of State of the Art Illustration and I are doing a wall mural, the creation of which will be used as a value-add for those who purchase the Giants EP (look out for that)!
– Sunday is the Cape Town Folk ‘n Acoustic Music Festival at the Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset Concerts and I am the opening act (nervous much!?) Make sure you get your tickets bought at Webtickets before time runs out. Other artists on the lineup include Kahn Morbee (The Parlotones), Donovan Copley (Hotwater), BlackByrd and Majozi!